Bummed that you’re missing out on Miami Swim Week? Don’t be a bummer, babe: I’m also sad that I’m not in Florida to sit there and witness the litness of swimwear shows! However, we can thank God for the invention of Instagram as scrolling through every show is #outfitinspo.
Last Saturday, I tuned into Beach Bunny‘s fashion show, where it featured some of my favorite models – Charlotte McKinney, Joy Corrigan, you name it, honey. Not to mention, this swimwear brand is the Victoria’s Secret of swimwear as it’s the launching pad for so many bombshells. (Kate Upton, Hailey Clauson and Kelly Rohrbach, anyone?! 🙋) Must I say that THIS is the brand you must not miss out on? Heck yes!
There were SO MANY runway looks that I enjoyed; however, it was hard for me to pick a single look that topped my head as I really wanted to have everything. But, if I had to pick one to wear IRL frequently, it’ll be the crop top tank top bikini. With a bunch of bikinis (which are at least 15 to 20 currently) in my closet, I realize that the drawers are ready to gasp its last breath. So, I decided to become inspired to do my own take on Beach Bunny’s version!
What you need:
1 ribbed button-down tank top
1 fabric chalk
- Try on the tank top and mark the spot underneath your braline (NOTE: wear a colored bra so that you can see the braline more easily!)
- Draw a horizontal line with a ruler and fabric chalk
3. Draw another line down the middle (preferably where the buttons are at)
4. Make a diagonal line from the corner of the top to the tip of the middle line and repeat on the other side.
6. Lift up the two triangular strips of the front and draw a horizontal line on the layer underneath the front
7. Cut the last two triangular strips
8. Tie a knot!