Picasso painted the blues and Hefner loved his busty blondes. Like peanut butter and jelly, nothing can separate (or go between) black and white. As a hardcore bag collector, the one color scheme that can’t escape my mind is black and white.
Timelessly classic for generations, black and white has always given every outfit a bit of oomph since Ruth Handler dressed Barbie in her signature chevron strapless swimsuit in 1959. For myself, nothing beats a black and white handbag.
Growing up, I’ve seen my mom collect handbags in every color, texture and pattern. As much as I love a splashy beaded tribal print Baguette, I’ve always had a soft spot for her vintage ponyhair zebra print Dior Malice shoulder bag.
Thanks to its luxuriously soft pony hair, it’s always never failed to dress up ANY outfit whether it’s my Réalisation Par daisy print silk dress to distressed Current/Elliott jeans.
Shall I go for something casual, I either gravitate towards my Prada Cahier leather sling bag or Pop & Suki wooly gingham Takeout bag.
Given that both bags have a completely different vibe, I honestly love how they’re SUPER duper chic and travel-friendly!
Last but not least, I swear by my tweed Vivienne Westwood backpack if I can’t decide between going hands-free and/or carrying it on my elbow.
Now that you’ve got a primer on wearing black and white bags, here are my top recommendations to get you started!
- Pop & Suki Takeout Bag – $171 USD
2. Susan Alexandra Moo Bag – $360 USD
3. Vintage ’60s Corde Beaded Purse – $28 USD
4. Zimmermann Pouch Bag – $260 USD
5. Rocio Naomi Clutch – $389.30 SGD
6. Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse PM Bag – $2,220 SGD
7. Valfré Across The Universe Round Bag – $52 USD
8. Valfré Moo Backpack – $58 USD
9. Marimekko Rinki Purse – $78.83 SGD
10. Red Valentino Black and White Star Printed Bag – $825 SGD